Returning to my blog experiment from 2007. If I were to restart this now, that will make 4 concurrent journaling formats, including the original notebook, my new shared love journal with Merryn, and our Google docs "guidance journal". Yeah I am confused too.
Bottom line is I have all this pent up thinking inside and am looking for ways to process and understand it. It has crossed my mind that God does not need my pen or keyboard to communicate to me, even though I find it incredibly therapeutic. Apart from his Word of course, He can use people around me, dreams, quiet walks in the local park and even the shower (yes I often do my best thinking under water!)
Life is complicated and confusing. Or mine is at least! And ok I am more of a deep thinker than others and should sometimes lighten up. But it is evident that space for thinking is one of my greatest personal needs.
Could I survive thinking less and just going on the ride? Maybe. I reckon I would like to do this in many ways, and I confess to looking longingly at those who can.
But in the end, I just love my quiet space (or putting the ipod earplugs in and disappearing) to think and write. Must be me. And I'm ok.
Intellectual Virtues
3 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment